Saturday 9 April 2011

Procrastinating and Other Things

I have a few ideas for blog posts, but I don't really have much time to write today. So I think I'll probably make this really short and sweet. 

You know what I'm good at? I'm good at procrastinating. I always wait till the last minute to do things. Even if I have plenty of time to do those things, I always say, "Well, I'll have time tomorrow as well...". And even as I'm thinking that, I know that I should just do it at that moment, because I have no idea how 'tomorrow' will be like. But I end up not doing it anyway. 

But I think this is human nature. Or at least, teenage nature. XP

The reason I'm talking about this today is I've had quite a bit of home work that was given to me on Tuesday, and I decided that I wouldn't do any of it - or at least the majority of it - till today. And it's due tomorrow. So today, I ended up spending a lot of time doing my home work and wondering if I'd have time to do anything else. 

And the odd thing is, I always put the things I want to do over my home work. (But, then again, doesn't everyone?) Like today, I still managed to rush my home work so I could watch Fringe and go on YouTube. And I studied for a test while waiting for Halo to load. 

Oddly enough, people always think that I put a lot of effort into my work. But I hardly ever do. I mean, I put effort, but not a lot. And I think that sometimes it's not necessary to put a lot. Like school for example.* You should put enough effort so that your work turns out good and that you get a good grade. But you don't need to work all day and put extra effort into something where you'd get the same grade if you'd only spent five minutes on it. Why waste the time, right?

But that's just my opinion. And, uhm, you should work and pay attention in school. And stay in it...

Talk to you tomorrow!

'Don't you ever wonder what will happen when it ends?' - Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls

*I'm such a good example to kids, aren't I? 

3 comments:

  1. Hope your teachers never come across your blog!!! hehehehehehe And I think you are a wonderful example to kids around the globe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amira Haha, they won't. Maybe. I hope. Actually, if they do I don't care. :P
    And you have to think that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you don't care....and No, I don't have to think that!! It's just true!

    ReplyDelete