Tuesday 19 April 2011

Exams

I'm back to writing using my laptop, so I'm pretty excited about this blog. And now I've just gotten you all excited and whatever I write now will be a disappointment. How will I ever make this exciting enough for you!

I don't actually have a planned topic so I'm just going to talk about whatever comes to mind.

We have exams this week. I actually like it when we have exams because I get to come home early and we have no regular school lessons. And, I'm not the kind of person who spends a whole lot of time studying, so I end up having lots of free time. I do study. But I know what I'm taking pretty well most of the time, so I don't overdo the studying, unless I feel I need to.

What's odd is that what most people think are the hard exams are actually the easiest for me and vice versa. For example, most of my classmates will tell you that the math is the hardest, but to me it's probably the easiest. As long as I know the rules, then I'm set. On the other hand, most of them think that the French exam is the easiest, but it's not. After the exam though, everyone says it's hard. I mean, it's not 'impossible' hard, it's just tricky because it's in a different language and all.

And I was thinking about it, but I can't decide whether I like multiple choice questions or not. See the thing with multiple choice is if you don't know the answer then it's just a guessing game. But in open ended questions, you can sort of go on and explain the answer in detail - or something that could be the answer if you're not sure - and you might get it right. I don't think I explained myself there very well. Here's an example:
Okay, so let's say the questions is: When did WWI start? If you had no clue, and it was multiple choice you'd have to just guess. But if it was an open ended question you could say something like: 'It started after so and so happened etc...' And you might get it right.

Do you see my point?

On the other hand, if you know your stuff, multiple choice is the best. :)

Have I really gone on only about exams? And I thought that this was going to be interesting. Haha.

Before I go, I'd just like to mention that I'll be traveling for a bit over the weekend, and I don't know what the internet will be like. I'm determined to write a post everyday though. So, I'll try to find internet or, worse case scenario, I'll use the 3G on my phone. But I will write here everyday! Don't you think otherwise.
I'm just warning you though in case the blogs are extra short and uninteresting during the weekend.

Also, you could wish me good luck. You know, if you want. You don't have too... ;)

BYE!

'Olive you, and everything you do, what two words can mean, afraid to say the other three,' - Dave Days (Kimmi Smiles)

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck!! ;)

    And hey, I think multiple choice is easier coz the pain is less!!! hahahaha Either u know it or u guess and it's over!!! You don't need to write and write and still end up with a wrong answer!! ;) But that's coz unlike you, I am not that fond of writing so I prefer the "sweet and short", though, looking back at this comment, it's probably my longest one, yet!! hehehe

    Enjoy your holiday!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ami here. You always have a different perspective on things. But, truth is... Multiple choices are easier. And, it helps you remember. Like flash back...
    Questions can be wrong. So it's possibilities by the way.
    Kay, yeah.

    Have fun this weekend hun! :') xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amira and @Randi FINE GANG UP ON ME. SHEESH.

    Haha, love you both! And I like hearing your opinions...even when they're wrong. Just kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete