Thursday 21 April 2011

Forgetfulness

I'm in Ras Sedr now. It's about 8:30pm, and to be honest, I had completely forgotten that I had to write a blog post today. Thank goodness I remembered now. I bet that if I ever miss a day, it won't be because I'm busy, but because I'm a feather-head.

So today is the day before Good Friday. I never got why it's called Good Friday, even though it's been explained to me many times. I guess I've just forgotten why. Or maybe it's just a confusing name for the day Jesus died.

I have a selective memory. I have a good memory when it comes to birthdays - but that's probably because I'm interested in horoscopes. Now that I think about it, birthdays and just important dates are the only thing I'm good at remembering.

I was wondering the other day if forgetfulness is due to carelessness or if it just have to do with how our brains work. When I was younger and I would forget what I wanted to say people would tell me, "Don't worry if it's something important then you'll remember it." But is that true? If it is then forgetfulness is carelessness, because the things we don't care about or that we find unimportant, we forget.

I don't know. I find this topic quite interesting, what do you guys think?

Well, I've got to go now. And writing blogs on my iPhone is hard!
Bye

'Thomas Edison's last words were it's very beautiful over there, I don't know where there is but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful,' - John Green/Hank Green*

* It's a quote from John's book (LFA) and Hank's song about John's book.

1 comment:

  1. You may have a point, forgetfulness may have to do with being careless!

    ReplyDelete