Friday 23 September 2011

SAT

I'm blogging early today! That's something I haven't done in a while.

Next week I'm going to take my SAT, and it hasn't really hit me yet. I don't think that the test will be hard, I just think that I will get tired because it's a long test. And then when I get tired, I'll start doing badly. Nadeen has taken the test a few times, and a lot of my friends have taken it before, but this is my first time.

I have a score that I hope to get, but honestly, I'm not that optimistic because I haven't practiced a lot. I bet you by next Friday, I'll be really nervous. Even now, thinking of the SATs give me butterflies.

Anyway, now Nadeen has a lesson, and she wants me to come and sit with her. It's an English SAT lesson, and I feel that I do okay in the English stuff, but I'll still go and sit with her.

I also just realised that some of you may not know much about SAT (Isra). Basically, it's a 4 hour test with ten sections each section has about 25 questions, and one of the sections is an essay. It's basically an English and math test. I'm not sure how many English sections there are and how many math sections there are, but I know there are more English sections. Anyway, it's important because here in Egypt your SAT score is 60% of what Universities look at. (The other 40% is your grades from High School.) In America, I think it's a bit different. What I've heard is that Universities in America look more at your grades and not on your SAT score. Too bad we're not in America though.

Well, I've got to go now. Hope you have a great Friday! :D

1 comment:

  1. SATs sound super hard... And I thought GCSEs were difficult! :P
    That's so cruel that they give one exam 60% of what Unis look at. Here in England GCSEs only account for about 20% (and there are at least 9 exams that go towards that 20%... no actually more than 9 because every subject has several Unit tests), A-Levels count for about 50% (there are at least 4 A-level exams... again, several per subject so maybe about 12 exams altogether)... and finally your Personal Statement, which is like a CV or UCAS form where you put down your work experience and personal qualities and strengths accounts for 30%.
    All the percentages given above are estimates... I'm not really completely sure of them.
    I guess the American system is a lot harder than I thought.
    And I can't believe it's only next week! Hun, I hope you've revised a lot :P
    And good luck.

    ReplyDelete