Friday 2 September 2011

More Stuff About America

Hello!

I guess I'll continue where I left off yesterday.

So, then we went back to the hotel, checked out, and then drove from Cleveland to Youngstown, which is where we were going to stay for the rest of the trip. When we got there, we went to Taco Bell for lunch/dinner and then we went grocery shopping,

Well, not really grocery shopping, but we went to buy a few essential things, like root beer. For those of you who don't know, root beer is almost impossible to find here, and it's probably the only soft drink that I can say I really like. So, for example, when we go to Canada the first thing we do is get root beer. So we also did that in America.

But we didn't only get root beer; we got some food for my cousin, cheese strings (another thing you can't find here), chocolate and stuff like that.

And then the rest of our stay there was basically shopping and eating.

I could tell you about the flight back home, but I feel like that'd be really boring since I just told you yesterday about the flight to Cleveland.

Oh, and for the whole trip, I had a bad cough. And everyone in my family - except luckily my aunt and cousin - got a cold for at least a day and a bit with a fever. Being so busy though, we couldn't take time to rest.

You know what? I haven't told you why we went to America yet. Well, my aunt, who's now nine months pregnant, wanted to go to America before she gave birth. So, a few months ago she went see if she could get her visa so she could travel while she was still 4 months pregnant. But the embassy (or whatever) didn't reply to her until a week or so before we traveled. So she went to get interviewed and told them the truth, so they gave her a visa.

Now, obviously, she couldn't travel alone since she was eight months pregnant at the time and she had a 3 year old with her. So, the only people who could travel without a visa to the States was us since we have Canadian passports. So, we went with her. Originally, it was only supposed to be my mum who went with her, but at the end, we all went.

And this is my last log post about that! I will see (sort of) you all again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Root beer! Remember when I thought it was actual beer? Lol, when I think back to how stupid we were back at MHS, it's just so embarrassing!
    Oh well, at least it was really fun. All the times I remember were fun times anyway. Not sure about the rest of the "un-fun" parts...
    What on earth was that little rant about?! Anyway, great blog once again. Looking forward to tomorrow's blog!
    P.S. I'm sorry all my blog entries are kind of late at night. It's just that, that's the only time I'm free! So, sorry!
    Oh and by the way, Tati made an account! She's following me so you can access her account from there!
    And sorry this is long. Again...

    ReplyDelete