Thursday 22 September 2011

Families

You know school is back when you start to look forward to the weekend! Like I mentioned before, school so far isn't that bad, but I still always look forward to the weekend - who doesn't? So I'm glad it's Thursday.

Guess what? Today I got my ID! So that's something that happened today.

Isra, you said that I'm lucky that I get to see my extended family so frequently, and I know I am. Don't forget that when I lived in Canada I used to get to see them once a year if I was lucky. I remember once I hadn't seen them for 2 years. And I remember that before we moved here, I was really excited because my mum told us that everyday after school we'd go and stay with my grandma because my mum would be at work. I couldn't imagine being able to see my grandma everyday. At the time I thought that there was nothing more I could wish for.

I still feel lucky that I get to see my grandparents so often - although I don't see them everyday like I used to when we first came here. And even though I was always close to them, especially my maternal grandma, I don't think I'd know them as much as I know them if I hadn't lived here and got to see them so frequently. Obviously. But I mean, I've learnt so much about my extended family since I moved here, and that's one of the main reasons why I wanted to come back to Egypt.

I know many people think their family is just a bunch of people they're forced to love and who won't stay out of their business. And those things are true. But they're also (normally) a bunch of amazing people who will always be their for you. Families are really a blessing, and no one should forget that.*

__

* I don't want to ruin the previous paragraph, but I do understand that some families are just a pain. But I mean, most of them aren't. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment