Thursday 1 September 2011

BEDS and America

In case you didn't notice, I was unable to finish BEDA. Once I was in America, I found it impossible to blog. I was just too busy and always on the go and the only time I had the internet long enough to write a proper blog was at night when we were at the hotel. And by then I would have been exhausted and it would have been a pain to write a blog post. Also, whenever I took out my phone, my cousin would ask for it to play games, and how can I say no to a 3 year old?

Anyway, I've decided to try to do BEDS (Blog Every Day in September). I think it will be better, because even though I start school soon, I doubt I'll be as busy as I was in August. And, as I said before, I think it's better to blog during school days because then I'm looking for anything to do that isn't school related.

I guess, I can tell you guys about my trip to America now. So here goes:

To get to Cleveland - which is where we were staying - we first had to take a 12-hour flight from here to New York, and then a 1-hour flight from New York to Cleveland. The flights weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, especially since I've never been on a flight that was longer than 7-8 hours and was expecting 12 hours to be horrible.

The worst part in the whole trip was actually the stay in the JFK Airport in New York. We were originally supposed to stay 6 hours at the airport, but our flight was delayed and we ended up staying more like 9-10  hours. And, because most of us didn't sleep on the first flight, we were exhausted. Also, the airport was so crowded that it was hard to even find a place to sit. It was horrible.

But then we arrived in Cleveland and we all just crashed once we reached the hotel.

The next day, we got up early (we got up early every day we were there, partly because of jet lag, and partly because we had to do things). Then we went to get the car that we rented from the airport.

My mum, Christopher and I were the ones who went to get the car and to go to the airport, we had to take a shuttle bus. And guess what happened? We had our mum's iPad with us and we forgot it on the bus. We only discovered it was missing a while later while looking at the rental cars and you can imagine how stressful that was for all of us. My mum had to call the hotel and tell them what happened to see if they could get it and then she called my aunt to tell her to go to the reception to see if they found it. Basically, we were all panicking.

Luckily, the hotel was able to find the iPad in the bus and gave it to my sister, so that was good. XP

I'll continue this tomorrow, because this has become really long.

BYE!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Wow, it was so lucky you found the iPad! Imagive if you had lost it! Anyway, your blog was very interesting :) Hope it's as good every day! I can't wait to get writing my second blog! Off I go!
    See ya!

    ReplyDelete