Friday 20 January 2012

Finally Getting TFIOS!

I got my copy of The Fault in our Stars! I've just read the first chapter, which, of course, I knew because I had heard John read it. Anyway, I'm going to start the second chapter now, but I just wanted to write this first so that I don't forget to write it.

Also, it's brown, the signature! I think that's pretty cool since the main character's name is Hazel. But, I didn't even know he was using brown. I keep trying to search to find out if he ever said what percent of the copies had brown signatures, but I can't find anything. I'll keep looking though.

I'm not going to say I'm not disappointed that I didn't get a hanklerfish or yeti, but at the end, it's still signed, and it's awesome.

When my uncle gave it to me, everyone wanted to see the signature - and by everyone, I mean everyone there who were my family, my uncle and his family, and my grandparents. The ones who saw it all said something along the lines of, "Is that a signature? His last name is Green, right? Where's the 'G'?" I made sure to tell them that his signature is 'J Scribble' and therefore didn't need a 'G' and my brother told them that he had to sign 150,000 copies, and it wasn't like he could have written his full name, or two letters for that matter, on that many copies.

So, I'm going to read now!

_________

The Fault in our Stars: 22
The Lost Symbol: 553
Gorillas in the Mist: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment