Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mythical Beasts/Animals/Creatures

Rainbow: an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines on to droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere.


Unicorn:  is a legendary animal from European folklore that resembles a white horse with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead, and sometimes a goat's beard.

^ Those are both the first sentences that appear on wikipedia. I couldn't bother paraphrasing so I just copied and pasted. Hope that's cheerful enough for you.

Now, let's talk about my opinion of unicorns and other mythical animals. Now, I like the opinion that you can't prove something doesn't exist without being a hundred percent that it doesn't exist. So, in theory, I think that mythical beast must have existed sometime or exist in a parallel universe. But, in reality, I don't believe in things that can't be proven to exist, which is the opposite of what I would like to think. 

For example, when I hear a story, I will not believe it's a true story unless I have real proof. This also applies to many things which I'd rather not get into right now. But, when it comes to mythical beasts, my imagination likes to tell me that they could exist. So, when asked my opinion, I always say, 'Why not?'.

What I really believe, though, is that animals similar to unicorns and what not might have existed. Like maybe, there was, once upon a time, a type of horse with a bump on its head. And so on.

Nevertheless, I like the idea of mythical creatures because it's just a whole lot more interesting to believe that at one time they existed. 

So, that's just my opinion, what's yours?  

No comments:

Post a Comment