Tuesday 14 February 2012

Spoken Word

I've been listening to a lot of spoken word recently. I can't believe I've never really heard of it before because it really is amazing. I love how it can be funny and yet serious, how it can appear to be nonsense and yet deep. That sentence doesn't make sense, but that's really how I find a lot of the poems I've listened too.

I guess I have to thank Watsky for introducing my to spoken word when he talked about the artists he liked in his most recent video. Of course,  being a fan of Watsky, I've known what spoken word was, but I never thought I would like it as much as I like it now.

I also really like how much the artists move their hands while reciting their poems. In a way, it really adds to the whole thing, and it gives the poems even more emotion than they already have.

Now, whenever I'm bored and don't know what to watch, I watch people like Beau Sia, Taylor Mali, Sarah Kay and so on perform. They're poems are so funny and interesting, but the thing I like the most about spoken word is that it's true. The poets seem to be really speaking from the heart.

I could go on and on about spoken word and how much I like it, but I don't really have the time right now. But if you haven't heard of spoken word, and you think you might like it, I recommend you check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment