Monday 13 February 2012

Valentine's Day

Tomorrow's Valentine's Day, so I thought that that would be a good topic for today's post!

Valentine's Day is not even close to my favourite holiday, but I wouldn't I say that I hate it. I mean, I'm not a big fan of how couples get all lovey-dovey and then stress about what to get each other. I don't really see the point in making a big deal when it comes to Valentine's Day gifts and Valentine's Day dinners and all that stuff. It's a nice day to spend with your significant other, but the whole expectation of it being a flawless day is unrealistic and either ends up with people secretly (or openly) disappointed or stressed out.

If you're single on Valentine's Day, then most of the time you end up feeling all depressed or left out. I personally don't think people should feel like that, though. I think that whether a person is single or not he or she should spend the day with the people (or the person) they love, even if that person is his or her sibling or parent or friend or whatever.

Valentine's Day is about love, and it's a great day to express your love to the people whom you - well - love. There's a lot of negativity surrounding Valentine's Day from bitter single people*, or from people who just hate the whole thing because it's so commercialized, but I think that if you really hate V-Day, then just think of it as a normal day. There's no need to complain about it and ruin it for other people.

Those are just my thoughts on the whole thing! So, regardless of whether your single or not: Happy Valentine's Day! x

___

*I obviously don't mean that all single people are bitter and I know the majority of them are cool on V-Day. :P Some are bitter though and you can't really argue with that.

(Happy Galentine's Day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment