Friday 10 February 2012

TFF: Real Steel

I just finished watching the movie 'Real Steel' and I have to say it was way better than I had expected it to be.

To be honest, when I started watching it, I had no idea what it was going to be about. I remembered hearing about it, but I couldn't remember what the main idea of the movie was. But, a lot of the times, I like to watch movies which I know nothing about, not even their genres. That way, it's a complete surprise.

Anyway, I tend to like robot movies and sport movies, so I really enjoyed 'Real Steel'. I don't know why, but the whole time I kept expecting Atom to start moving on his own like in most robot movies where the robot comes to life. I'm kind of glad that didn't happen though because it made 'Real Steel' different. 

I also liked the relationship between Charlie and Max because it wasn't like the relationship between most sons and their father in movies especially when the father had abandoned the family. What I mean is in most movies when there is a child who meets his or her father who left when the child was very young, the child either tends to a) have an idealistic idea of their father that eventually gets crushed (but then, because it's a movie, gets lifted again due to a great act by the father) or b) the child is completely distant and wants nothing to do with the father.

Now, Max was more on the 'b' side, but was not as distant as I had expected him to be. And I'm not saying that all movies are like that, I'm just saying that that's the case with most of the movies I've seen.

Moving on...I really recommend that you watch this movie if you haven't and if you're interested in robots and that kind of stuff.

I'm going to go now because I'm tired. Also, sorry if this doesn't make sense at times but it's late and I'm sick. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment