Thursday 16 February 2012

Internet

I'm a great believer that you can find everything on the internet. Ask any question that should have an answer (something that's not like: 'what's the meaning of life?') and you'll find that answer. Search for anything that can be found and you'll find it on the internet.

So, naturally, when I'm going through all the available sources on the internet and I don't find my answer, I automatically blame myself. It must be I who is doing something wrong. I probably should try to search for more search engines and I could search for my answer there. Or maybe I should write in different key words. After all, there is no way that the internet does not have the answer. That's impossible.

If after a very extended search, I still don't find anything (this has rarely happened) then I just assume that there must be no answer - or at least there is no known answer to people. It's odd that I have so much faith for the internet that I'm willing to make a statement as bold as saying, 'No one knows the answer,' instead of saying, 'the internet doesn't know the answer even though there is answer'.

But is my faith misplaced? I don't think it is. There is so much information on the internet that it's very easy to assume that ALL information is on the internet. And, to bring out my inner ten year old, I'll ask you to try to prove what I'm saying is wrong.

Saying all that, I could be wrong. I mean, this is just my assumption which I very much believe to be true, but I haven't done enough research to say that if you disagree with me I could show you evidence that you're wrong.

Regardless, the internet is a great thing no matter if it contains all the known knowledge of the world or not, but I will continue to have faith that it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment