Friday 4 May 2012

Katb Ketab

Today was Azza's (Nour's sister) Katb Ketab. Katb Ketab is literally translated into the 'writing of the book', and it's basically when people who want to get married sign the paper stating that they, well, want to get married. It takes place in a mosque, and sometimes it's just the family of the bride and groom who attend, and sometimes - like in Azza's case - it involves friends as well.

I've never been to a Katb Ketab before today. I've only been to four weddings and they were all weddings of people in my family so they were Christian weddings. I've never been to a Muslim wedding, so this whole thing is new for me. For example, I'm a bridesmaid, but I'm not sure what a bridesmaid does in a Muslim wedding.

The wedding is in 20 days, and I'm quite excited for it, actually. I'll tell you how it goes when the time comes! But for now: May the fourth be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment