Wednesday 9 May 2012

Bus Accident

Today, on our way back from school, we were on the highway when we saw that a bus had gotten into an accident. Now, I didn't really pay attention to it because, to be honest, accidents always happen on the highway. But this time, my mum went and stopped the car on the side of the road.

Normally, when I'm in a car, I put my earphones on and listen to music, so I had no idea what was happening. I paused the music and heard that my mum was saying something about the bus being one of our school buses. After staying in the car for a minute while parked on the side of the highway, my mum decided to go down.

We weren't parked right in front of the bus, because many people had stopped their cars or buses to see if they could help, so my mum went out and had to walk a bit before she got the the school bus. Also, she didn't allow us to go down because, after all, we were on a highway.

When she came back to us, she told us that no one was seriously hurt, but that someone from my grade had a very bad nose bleed (I later learned he had hit his nose) and that there were only 5 kids and 2 adults on the bus and that they were all shaken. My mum offered to drive the kids home, but they were waiting for another bus. So, we waited until we saw the bus come and then we left, but it was kind of disturbing.

Luckily, it wasn't a bad accident, but it's scary knowing that people you know could have gotten seriously hurt. But I'm grateful that everyone turned out to be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment