Saturday 1 September 2012

Wishes

Lately, I've been thinking of what my three wishes would be if a magic genie showed up. When I was younger, I would always say that I would wish for an infinite number of wishes. Then I'd ponder about how to summon those wishes. After all, I'd watched enough movies and shows about people wishing things that they didn't want to wish for, and I always told myself that that would never happen to me. No, I would tell that genie that when I snapped my fingers four times - or anything that involved something I wouldn't randomly do - and then said a wish then that wish would be a real one. That way I could always make sure that I didn't wish something accidentally.

But what if infinite wishes wasn't a possibility? What would I do then? I have no idea what I'd wish for. I think that I would over think about those three wishes, and in fact become consumed by them, that I would never make a single wish.

I guess that would be the only case where the world not being a wish-granting factory (tfios) would be a good thing: I wouldn't want to waste my life thinking of the perfect wishes just to end up not wishing for anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment