Saturday 9 June 2012

Talents

I always wished I had a talent. I mean, sure, I can play some instruments, and I can do a bit of art, but I'm not talented in either of those things. Basically, I can do a whole bunch of things on the well side, but I can't do anything excellently. So, I have no talent.

I'm rereading An Abundance of Katherines, and even though Colin's main talent which is anagramming isn't all that useful, at least he has talent. I wouldn't mind having a useless talent. In fact, most people with talents end up having useless talents. For example, some people are talented in drawing, but because they never did anything with that talent, their talent became useless. 

I don't know why I am suddenly remembering my lack of any talents. I just want to have something that I'm really good at. And I feel, in a way, that I can write this here because none of you really know me. So you won't be able to argue my saying that I'm talentless to make me feel better, because you won't be able to say, "But you read fast!" because you don't know if I do or don't.*

Anyway, I think everyone has at least one thing they're good at, but only a handful of people have actual talents. I hope those people really use their talents!

__________

*Not that reading fast can be ever seen as some sort of talent. It's just the only thing that popped into my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment