Friday 15 June 2012

Indoor Baseball

When I lived in Canada, my family and I would often go visit our relatives who lived in Toronto. We would stay with my dad's cousins, and we would always have such a good time with our relatives.

One of his cousins had a huge basement that had walls which were painted with Loony Toons characters, which was ironic because they never had any children. Anyway, it was a huge basement and we would always have fun running around down there. And when some of our other cousins would come to stay there with us, we all used to play indoor baseball with them.

Now, for those of you who don't know what indoor baseball is, I'll explain it. Basically, you use your hand as the bat, and a small soft ball - or even a stuffed toy - as the ball. Then you would place four pillows on the floor as bases. And the rules were the same rules that applied to real baseball.

We used to have so much fun playing indoor baseball, that when Nadeen, Christopher, and I would go back home, we would play it in our smaller, less open-spaced basement. But, of course, it wasn't as fun because we would only be 2* or 3 people playing, so we would always play it with out friends when they would come over.

Anyway, that was just a game that I enjoyed as a kid, and I'm grateful to my cousins for teaching it us. Oddly enough though, I never actually played real baseball. I guess I'll just have to stick to playing it indoors.

_____

*Because sometimes Nadeen wouldn't play with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment