Wednesday 6 June 2012

Ramblings about the World

Sometimes I think about how insignificant my life is. It's so insignificant, that all my small problems are made to be minuscule, and I just waste my time worrying about them. But I don't mean only my life. Everyone's singular life, in the bigger picture of the world, is insignificant.

The universe is so vast, that no matter how much I accomplish, in the long run - and I mean really long run - I will not matter. One day, there will be no more humans on this planet, and it would be as if none of us even existed. In fact, by a hundred years, the majority of us will be forgotten, which is basically the same thing as if we had not existed.

You're probably thinking that I'm being a downer, but I'm not. I'm just really in awe of all this. If we stopped focusing on the small things in life, maybe we would all contribute more, but at the end, everything will be gone. This planet will probably outlive us and be fine. People always say: Save the Earth! But the Earth isn't what needs to be saved, it's us!

At the same time, all of us matter now. At this moment, everyone who is alive is important. Maybe we won't be important after we die, but we need to live in the present because that's tense people can live in.

Anyway, again, I just think the world we live in is just so extraordinary! And the more I think about it, the more I am in awe and the more I realise that my everyday problems are really nothing at all. Which, if you think about, is a really comforting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment