Wednesday 13 June 2012

Be Kind

You know those people who have kindness in their heart and you can almost see that kindness. And even if you completely disagree with them in everything they stand for, you still feel sort of like you could have a decent conversation with them. Or you are able to sympathise with them?

The reason I'm saying that is that I just watched a debate. And although, from the start I was clearly for one side, when the other side lost, I ended up feeling sorry for one of the debaters. I wasn't sorry for all of the debaters, just the one that I thought was genuinely sweet.

People have this idea that if you're sweet and kind, you'll get used and abused, which is true, but at the same time, kind people do have privileges. If that debater could have gotten me to sympathise with him just because he was kind, that says a lot.*

Basically, my message of the day is be kind, deal? :P

_____

*I don't normally sympathise when I disagree completely with what a person's saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment