Monday 25 June 2012

Saying Bye to Family

When I was a kid, coming to Egypt for holiday was the best thing in the world. All of us would be really excited and cheery as we were on the plane to Egypt and even before then, when we were preparing for the flight. So, as you can imagine, leaving Egypt was the opposite of that. My siblings, mum, and I would all be in tears as we would wave good-bye to our grandparents and other family members. We would be depressed on the plane, and wouldn't be looking forward to going home at all.  Now, as we prepare to leave Egypt to Canada, but this time the situation is the opposite (Canada is the place we're going for a holiday), oddly enough, we're all still sad. Today, was the last time I see my grandparents, cousins, and aunt before we leave, and I was very sad about saying good-bye. My grandma was crying, and I felt like doing the same, even though the trip was only for two weeks.  I don't know how we were able to live in Canada and be away from all of my family for so long, if when we're leaving for only two weeks we all feel sad.  But, on the bright side, I'll be seeing my paternal grandpa and some of my other relatives in Canada, so I'll still have some of my family around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment