Tuesday 7 August 2012

Worrying

I can't believe school starts in a month. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I always thought I wouldn't have to worry in grade 12, and now I will worry more. And worrying really is the most pointless thing in the world.

People worry when they are helpless, when they feel like a certain outcome which they aren't in favour of is possible, and yet they can't do anything about that outcome. But worrying does not make that outcome more or less likely to occur, so what's the point?

I always used to think if I was better, I would be able to stop worrying and actually do something. But sometimes it's impossible for me to do anything. Sometimes, the only way to be actively involved in the outcome is to worry. It still doesn't help, though.

Of course, previously, I could have done something to stop worrying, and I never did. And it's hard to explain, but I will always remember that. What else do I have to remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment