Wednesday 22 August 2012

Kay and Differences

I was planning on writing this whole post on how much Sarah Kay inspires me, because she does. She has such a soothing voice which I can't even begin to compare to mine, her poetry is beautiful, and she's very entertaining to watch.

But, I have decided to not devote this whole post to her but just the first paragraph. Instead, I thought I could write about what it means to be grown up. Does it mean paying bills? Or living away from your parents? And when does a person become an adult? I don't mean legally and whatnot, but I mean mentally. 

And what does it even mean to be an adult?

As an adult, you think children are very different from you and as a child, you think adults act in the weirdest ways. But are they really much different? Aren't they the same but with different toys? With the same feelings and emotions but with different ways of expressing them?

Sometimes I can look at a little kid and a grown up and see that they're almost identical. Maybe it's just me, and I'm looking the wrong way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment