Monday 20 August 2012

Future?

Lately, I've been thinking about the future. Not specifically my future, but more of the general future and the futures of those I love. If there's one thing I really learnt in the past 6 years it is that thinking about the future isn't good: you're bound to be wrong about it.

Yet, even though I am now fully aware of this, I still can't help thinking about it. Now, it wouldn't be a problem if the future turned out to be better than what I'm imagining it to be, but, unfortunately, I don't have a very good track record in this area. Reality is always worse than my expectations.

So - and here's the million dollar question - why do I still insist to think so much about the future?

And, I think the simplest yet accurate answer would be that it's in human nature. We all want to know what's coming next, and we want to know it now. I can't help being human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment