Wednesday 18 July 2012

Vivian's Stories

Yesterday, as I tried to fall asleep, I started thinking of my grandma, Vivian, and how she would always tell me the best stories before bed. Sometimes they'd be fairy tales, or even stories like Moby Dick. But sometimes she would tell me stories of our relatives and of her childhood.

I would love to hear about how she would spend the summer in Alex with her siblings and her friends. Or how she and her brothers would get in trouble at school. I especially liked to hear these stories when we were in Canada and I felt so far away from all of our family. Hearing about them made me feel as if I knew them better, even though I didn't know them that well at all.

I hope that my younger cousins get to sleep over at Vivian's and get to hear all of these stories too, because I'm sure that they'd really appreciate them. I know that I still do.


No comments:

Post a Comment