Saturday 28 July 2012

More Olympics

The Olympics are so fun to watch. I know it's just the first day, and by the last day, I'll probably be glad to stop watching sports, but now it's really entertaining.  We watched the semi-finals and finals for female fencing, and I got really into it. Congrats to Italy who won all three medals! All of the three winners played extremely well.  As I was watching the men's gymnastics, I couldn't help imagine being in one of their shoes. Imagine working so hard to get there, and then making one small mistake that ruins your chances. Wouldn't that be just horrible?  And we, the spectators, watch and criticize their every mistake. We even go as far as to say how 'bad' they did. How can they be bad if they qualified for the Olympics? The fact that they're there means that no matter what the outcome will be, they're all really talented in the sport they play.  I can just imagine how nervous they all must be. And I hope that they all feel proud for being there, no matter how they perform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment