Friday 20 July 2012

Ramadan Kareem

Lately, I've been editing my third Nanowrimo novel, and it's been going well so far. Normally, when I start to edit them, I become lazy or bored, and don't continue through the whole story. This time, though, I'm almost halfway through. My theory as to why this is the case this time is that I actually like my story this time. I mean, I liked all the original ideas for my other stories, but this one is the most interesting in my opinion.

Anyway, when I finish the first draft of that one, I might finish the other one's too. That way all of them would be on their second drafts. Maybe, then I can work on finishing some of my unfinished stories. I'm quite excited about that.

The problem is that I don't like my writing in general. I think that, on a whole, my ideas are good, but my writing isn't good enough. So, when I'm editing, I try to think of it as if it's not my own story to see if I, personally, would enjoy it or not. I don't know how well this will work out in the end since I have a tendency to like everything I read, but we'll see.

And, to everyone who celebrates it, Ramadan Kareem! I don't know if I said that yesterday or not, but even if I did, what do I lose by saying it twice?

No comments:

Post a Comment