Monday 19 March 2012

Sad Movies and Groups

I didn't blog yesterday because I forgot to. My bad.

We watches Hotel Rwanda in class and it was really good. I teared up quite a few times and I think I wasn't the only one. I like watching sad movies in groups because I like to see how everyone reacts. Everyone has a different reaction and you can learn just a bit more about them when you see how they react to emotional parts. Of course this doesn't really apply to my friends because I know them well enough to predict how they'll react, but is more useful for my classmates whom I don't know all that well.

Also, watching emotional things in a group makes me feel like I'm not alone. It feels good when you start laughing out of relief and you're not the only one. I felt like I could connect with my classmates and none of them had to know about it. (That sounds like I'm a creep, but I'm trying to be all sentimental or something.)

I don't know why I'm talking about this, but anyway I liked the movie even though there were times when I felt like I really really didn't want to watch it anymore. My heart goes out to anyone who died in the Rwandan genocide. And I hope nothing like it happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment