Tuesday 2 August 2011

Body Language...

How are you? I hope you're doing super!

Is that a weird start to this post? I think it might be. Oh, well...

So, I've just finished watching 'Lie to Me'. Nour, one of my best friends, suggested that I watch it, and, I must say, it really is a good show. I might even have to add it to one of my favourite shows. Anyway, the reason I like it is it's about body language, and more specifically facial expressions. Now, this is a topic that I find very interesting. I wish I was able to tell when people are lying and when they're telling the truth. 

I guess, to some extent, most of us can tell when someone is lying. Not always, of course. I know some people who are experts at lying*, and it's quite hard to tell when they're lying. But, because I know them well, I think I can tell most of the time when they lie. So maybe it depends on how well you know a person? But, I don't think I've explained what I mean by the first sentence in this paragraph; I'll elaborate in the next.

Okay, so most people - not all, though - are able to detect when someone is being sarcastic, for example. We understand how people work because we are people. Wow. I don't know where that sentence came from, but anyway. We understand body language, even if we are unaware of it. So, we can tell sometimes when people aren't telling the truth. 

I don't think I should ever try to explain what I mean again. Even I, who knows what I mean, find it hard to understand that previous paragraph. Luckily, I think the two or three people who actually read this know me well enough to understand what I meant to some extent, so that's good. If you guys don't understand, tell me in the comments and I'll try to elaborate even more. Not that I think that will help. I'll probably elaborate by saying, 'People are people, so we are people,' or something like that.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend 'Lie to Me', and it's not at all bloody!**

Yesterday I talked about my surroundings, so I'm going to do that again. Maybe it will become a thing, or not.

My dad is sitting on the chair to the left of me and he's playing a game on his iPad. My mum is sitting on the couch on my right, talking on the phone with her iPad on her lap. My dogs are sleeping on the floor and my siblings aren't in the room. Also, the TV is on, but I don't think anyone is actually watching it. WASTE OF ELECTRICITY! 

And that's all for today! See you - actually, I won't actually see you - tomorrow! 

BYE

*AKA Minitwinies. But they're actually surprising honest most of the time even though they're excellent liars. I take my hat off to the two of you ;)

**That's a reference to a previous blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment