Sunday 15 April 2012

Easter

Happy Easter everyone who celebrates it today! Even though it's not my favourite holiday, I do enjoy Easter because I get quite a bit of chocolate. My family doesn't do much for Easter since we moved to Egypt, because we just celebrate Sham El-Nassem instead. So we have a big family breakfast in the garden and eat eggs and things like that. It's almost like Easter but it's just the day after.

In Canada, we used to celebrate Easter on Easter, though. I remember going to stay with my dad's cousins in Toronto for the Easter holidays and having Easter egg hunts in their garden with the rest of our cousins. I don't know if we went to spend Easter with them only once or more than once, but I remember that the it was a lot of fun. And, they got us all (the kids) a HUGE chocolate egg. I couldn't even believe how big they were, when I first saw them.

I think Easter is a very quite cute holiday with all the little quirks like the egg hunts, the colourful clothing, the coloured eggs, and the idea of a bunny rabbit bringing chocolate eggs to children. It's just kind of a fun little holiday.

Anyway, today, we're going to colour the Easter eggs! I hope you all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment