Wednesday 3 October 2012

Opinions and Stuff

Why is it that people always want others to like what they like? For example, if I like a certain book and my friend doesn't, I would feel as if my friend was an alien to me. Okay, maybe that's an extreme example, but you get my point. And not only do we want them to like it, but we feel truly offended when someone doesn't like it. We all know that people have different opinions and not everyone will like everything we like, yet we still get offended.

And then this leads us to not sharing what we like in fear that others might ridicule us. Many of us will say that you shouldn't care about the people who ridicule you, but you still do. You still want to avoid having someone ridicule your taste and so you don't share it.

But people should be free to like and dislike whatever they want without feeling ridiculed or feeling like they're insulting anyone. People should feel free to share their opinions no matter what because everyone's opinion matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment